Sunday, June 12

Just a regular Friday night

Of all my friends, I'm not sure I can think of anyone that likes food more than Seth.  I know I'm a proclaimed lover of food and eating, but I've got nothing on Seth and his appetite. 

King Seth at Medieval Times

When we go to the neighborhood sushi joint, he regularly orders as many rolls as the Royfriend and I combined.  He's been known to spend $20 by himself on a single meal at IHOP.  Although nothing beats my favorite memory of Seth coming over in a Santa suit after Santa Con and waxing poetic about the Corn and Sausage Chowder that I'd made.  And then propmtly falling asleep on my couch 10 minutes later.  In his Santa suit.

Several years ago we were leaving one of our favorite bars after a couple of drinks and were in the mood for a midnight snack.  Unfortunately, the only thing nearby was a Dunkin Donuts / Baskin Robbins.  So off we went. 

When we got there we spent a few minutes oogling the 31 flavors of ice cream and leftover donuts.  But why live an ordinary life when you can be extraordinary. 

Seth picked out an ice cream cake and committed to finishing it off before the end of the evening.  And not just any ice cream cake, but one that weighed in at 1.71 lbs with 2600 calories and 130 grams of fat.  The other patrons weren't quite sure what to think.  One guy even wished Seth a happy birthday figuring that was the only excuse for the gluttony taking place before him.

Unfortunately for Seth, I had my camera handy, and documented the experience.  And today, because it's Seth's birthday, and I'm a good friend like that, I'm sharing it :) 

Happy Birthday Seth!



PS: don't get the "I'm a man, I'm 40, come after ME" comment?  Check out Oklahoma State's football coach Mike Gundy go on an epic rant.  Because Seth is a whopping 2 or 3 years older than most of my friends in Chicago, we constantly pester him about his "old age" and this quote resurfaces a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment