Tuesday, April 3

Event brain... aka: sorry I hoarded the beef stroganoff pics

Those of you who know me well, know that last week was one of the biggest work weeks I'll have all year.  My team hosted 50 senior executives from across the country in my home office for 2 days. That combined with a few other projects that all came due within about two weeks of the event and I have a bad case of event brain. 

It's like pregnancy brain, but without an 18 year commitment.

And I had it so bad that my post about beef stroganoff included multiple pictures of my ski trip and absolutely zero pictures of the recipe in reference.  My bad.

I realized this during the middle of the event on Wednesday and texted a friend and faithful reader (Hi Helber!!) to confirm the mistake.

And then I sat around all weekend and drank Spotted Cows and went to the spa with a girlfriend instead of fixing it.  I want to feel bad but I'm still not firing on all cylinders yet and it's very hard to feel bad when you're drinking good beer and playing hooky with a buddy.

So here is the recipe WITH photos. 

Photobucket


Photobucket

Unrelated: is it possible to make crock pot food look appetizing while it's still in the crock pot? With the exception of BBQ and ribs, I'm not sure it is.

Photobucket

Fantastic tip from Mel at Upgrading Melissa, leave a wooden spoon on or over your pot of boiling pasta. When the pot invariably starts to boil over, this will stop it. Pretty cool and it works! PS: doesn't her recipe for roasted asparagus pasta with balsamic butter sauce look yummy?


*****

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
20 mins active, 5-6 hours cook time
Serves 4-6


1 pound cubed beef of your choice
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water
1 bullion cube
1/2 packet of onion soup mix
Dash of garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper1 heaping Tbsp of sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese 


In a slow cooker, combine the meat, Golden Mushroom soup, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, water, bullion cube, soup mix and water.  Season with a dash of garlic salt and some pepper.

Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours (or high for 3-4).  Add sauteed mushrooms 30 minutes before serving.  Stir in cream cheese and sour cream just before serving.  Best served over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment