Thursday, February 2

Super Bowl Eats

The Super Bowl is one of my favorite food holidays.  We didn't have plans set until just yesterday but I've known what I was making since January 5.  Pepperoni bread and chocolate chunk brownies.  Probably some other stuff too, but that's what I've had my sights set on. 

Unfortunately I'll be doing all the cooking this weekend so I won't be able to share recipes until after the big game.  For now I'm sharing a few links in case you're on the hunt for ideas and inspiration. 

Pioneer Woman's Top Ten Food Picks for Super Bowl Sunday - a collection from one of the best

Straight from Wisconsin Corn and Sausage Chowder - in case you're feeling less appetizer, more dinner

Buffalo Wing Chicken Dip - feels indulgent but is secretly healthy

Not Guac Avocado Dip - be unique, do something other than salsa and guac!  If you're put off by the darker color that the balsamic vinegar gives this dip, use white balsamic.

Dump Cake - conveniently Super Bowl themed this year as it includes blueberries and cherries and the Pats and Giants colors are red, white and blue.

BBQ Chicken Nachos - make the BBQ chicken mix on Saturday and just heat and serve on Sunday.  Another option with lots of flavor and healthy ingredients.

Caution - once you see these next two recipes you can't unsee them.  And you will spend days and weeks thinking about how and when you could make these (must have a crowd because having all of this to myself would be bad for my 2012 fruit and vegetable challenge).

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Brownies + Cookies = Brookies

Don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Happy Eating!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment